As published in the Red Rock News
As Ben Franklin said, “An investment in knowledge pays the best interest.” We couldn’t agree more. That’s why we dedicate every penny you send our way right back into the community—and into making it more connected, informed, and fun! Now that’s wise investing.
Take a look at the dozens of services, programs, and more that we make available to the whole community—all these benefits, all the things that you can do, at two locations, and all for Free! Giving to the Library is really the best deal in town. Read on!
1. Read “The Next Chapter” – the Library’s plan for building a better community at Sedonalibrary.org.
2. Vote on Sculptures for SR 179 Round-Abouts – The City’s Maquettes are on display through December.
3. Take Technology Home – Borrow a Wi-Fi Hotspot or Chromebook Laptop.
4. Bring the Kids to Story Time – Interactive play and music at Sunset Park.
5. Use our WiFi – Available 126 hours a week.
6. Go to the Friends Used Book Store – peruse the shelves and sales. Buy a book.
7. Get Library Take Out – Grab & Go Crafts for youth.
8. Find A Job – Career Transitions makes it easier, just visit the Reference Desk.
9. Conduct Academic Research – Academic OneFile? A great database.
10. Borrow a Book from Faraway – Tampa, Honolulu, Bridgeport, and more!
11. Ask a Librarian a Question – Make it a tough one, they love a challenge!
12. Get Centered at the Library – Join Sedona International City of Peace Meditation Monday.
13. Leaf through an Art Book – Our collection is beautiful.
14. Watch a Favorite Film – We’ve got 1000’s of DVDs available.
15. Go Rogue – Read a book . . . make it a banned one.
16. Take a Selfie – T-REX and Sedona Schnebly are waiting for you.
17. Make a Scan, Send a Fax – We’ve got the technology you need.
18. Relax on a Patio at our Village Library – Enjoy the views of Castle Rock.
19. Plan next year’s garden – Look at the “Phoenix Home & Garden” magazine.
20. Sing! – Music Mornings with Annette at Sunset Park.
21. Expand your Reading Horizons – NoveList Plus suggests authors you might like.
22. Volunteer! – Connect with 110 others who love the Library.
23. Suggest a Book – Maybe we’ll add it to the 60,000 already on our shelves.
24. Check Out A Book – or DVD or music or . . . . 1.2 million items available through Yavapai Library Network.
25. Learn Local Culture and Lore – Wander through our Arizona collection.
26. Study the Rocks – SE corner. Geology Wall. Enjoy the view while you’re there.
27. Play Chess – Youth Chess Club returns soon.
28. Improve your Spanish – The group’s gone virtual.
29. Become a Member – The Friends need you, and we need the Friends.
30. Stay in the Know – Read the Washington Post, New York Times, and more.
31. Get Cultured – Free entry to Arizona museums and more with a Culture Pass.
32. Clean Off Your Bookshelves – Bring your used books to the Book Store.
33. Balance and Center – So many quiet spaces where you can get your calm on.
34. Find a Friend – They don’t call us the ‘Heart of Sedona’ for nothing.
35. Check out a STEAM Kit – Learn about bird watching, anatomy, the Verde River, and more.
36. Access Free Streaming Films – Kanopy.com, all you need is your Library Card.
37. Download the YLN App – Manage your account from your phone.
38. Get Some Exercise – Stroll along StoryWalk and enjoy the wintry weather with family at Sunset Park.
39. Take a Magazine Home – Curl up on your couch to read in your PJs.
40. Join our Monthly Book Club – Maybe an author will join the group as they often do.
41. Check Out A Book in the Village – Visit the new branch Library at 25 W. Saddlehorn Rd.
42. Look Up! – Library quilts are on display.
43. Love Quilts? – Red Rock Quilters’ exhibit coming in January.
44. Play Dungeons and Dragons – Teen fun two times a month.
45. Want More? Visit sedonalibrary.org or give us a call: 928-282-7714.
As you can see, giving to the Library is a wise investment. What better way to support the whole community? And, better still, make your gift by December 31, 2021, and we’ll double your money up to $30,000 thanks to a generous volunteer and donor. Please visit Sedonalibrary.org/donate, and Happy Holidays!
Sedona Public Library
Column for 12/24/21
Written by Anne Marie Mackler, Development Director
Comments are closed.
Library News appears each Friday in the Red Rock News.